Thursday, May 19, 2005

Movie Theaters

I just got back from watching the third episode of Star Wars. Unlike you might be thinking I am not going to post a review. I must say that is an important movie to watch for the story of the whole double trilogy but thats it.

What I am going to say is that I HATE movie theaters. I really wish I did not have to see opening movies there. I have about a 25% chance of a good showing. For Star Wars I went(ungainst my better judgement) to columbus theater in "town center" Virginia Beach. The place was packed, I was cramped, the screen was a bit blury and two kids behind me just would not shut the hell up. I was unenjoyable watching the fight sceen I have wanted to see for as long as I can remember and I was getting extremely annoyd. This of course wasn't the worst of my movie going experiences, but this particular movie does have alot riding on it and I knew it wasn't going to meet up to my expectations so it was pissing me off even more.

Well I just had to get that off my chest. I hate movie theaters. Of course sometimes stupid people can be funny. I remember once I was at the Lynhaven AMC theater. For a while, and maybe still I am not sure, AMC had small preview like skits that in the middle a phone would ring and hurt the characters in the movie. This particular one was the skit where the american idians were hunting buffalo and the phone, in the movie, started ring and the buffalo ran away. Well a lady behind me said something like I think my phone is ringing. At first I thought this was an odd coincidence but it could happen. Then hurt 5 maybe 6 year old son started saying "no mom, no mom, that isn't your phone." Now I thought this lady was just joking around. Nobody could be that stupid. Well a few seconds later I was proved wrong. I heard her mumble to herself "thats wierd, my phone isn't even on." I didn't even know what to think at this point. I was truely in awe of how stupid some people could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home