Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Cruise Trip, Day Four

After getting about three hours of drunk sleep, Mike and I had to get up at seven and get our SCUBA gear ready. Fortunately I was still in my bathing suit from last night. Yes, I wore and slept in the same bathing suit I was in all damn day yesterday. That probably what started to make our room smell like an armpit. So we got up at seven after only a few hours of drunken sleep to get our gear ready and meet in White Lighting. So we get there and my dad is late somehow. I think he barely makes it to the excursion group somehow, even though we are still drunk. Well all the certified and non-certified divers grab their gear and head down 5 more flights of stairs to the exit deck only to be told that this was the wrong side of the ship. So now we head back up the five flights of stairs walk across the ship and head back down five flights of stairs, all the while carrying our SCUBA gear. I was carrying a mask, fins, a few towels and 30 some pounds or lead weight. Keep in mind I am still drunk, so this was not the most fun trek for me to do at the time.

We finally get on the excursion boat and take a 30 minute drive to am island set up by the dive company. The island is pretty cool looking, it had bungalows on the water, a beach, a bar and a gift shop. All in all a pretty nice place, but we didn't stay there long because all the certified divers took the boat out again for this time a 45 minute drive to our first dive. As we are getting there our dive master asks for our certification and how many dives we have done before. I tell him I have done about 40 - 50 dives, which is true, but I just don't have them logged. Mike tells him he has done 20 I think, which was not true. I don't know for sure how many he has done, but he just got his certification and then did two dives with me, for a total of six. My dad on the other hand says he has done zero dives. The dive master is taken back at this because you have to do at least 4 open water dives to get qualified. Of course my dad did do those dives, I guess he just wasn't counting them or something. So we get to the dive site and prepare our gear for entry. I felt a little uncomfortable having some guy put my fins on for me, but other than that it goes pretty smooth. Once in the water I notice that I am probably a little too fat for the weight I have on me, but I manage. Mike also seems to be doing a lot better in this water than he did in Pennsylvanian. My dad on the other hand, wow. Mike warned me about my dad in the water, but I didn't believe he would be this bad. Lets just say that SCUBA diving is not my dad's strong point in life. While we are all under the water, my dad of course has a difficult time maintaining his buoyancy and equalizing, which means he is just draining the air out of his tank. In fact by the time Mike is trying to go as deep as he can, which was 90 feet before the dive master called him back, my dad is just about out of air. At this point I still have over 2000 psi, probably around 2300, my dad is below 1000. So the dive master takes him back to the boat while the rest of us go with the other dive master. After going diving on the side of a shelf we head back to 40 foot waters to spend the rest of the dive. Over all the first dive was a lot of fun, I haven't dove in warm, clear water since I was in Hawaii so it was good to be back. We eventually all get back on the boat, where they have some pineapples, water melon and chips ready for us to eat. Since I am still kind of buzzing I start to gorge on this food. I kind of felt like as asshole standing over the chips and dip like I was a male lion protecting his food while he eats. After the first dive, we take about a 45 to 60 minute break for the nitrogen in our blood to release before we do our next dive. This time we are not in two groups, we were in two groups last time so everyone doesn't get too crowded, this time we are in one group and the other dive master was going to watch over my dad this time, because he is just an awful SCUBA diver. The second dive goes pretty good, with the dive master taking care of my dad we all stay down for the entire time. A few people were knocking into me but everything goes good. My mask did fog up this time, so I cleared it underwater just to feel the sting of that salty water burn my eyes. We get back to the island and have a few beers, to start getting warmed up for tonight. We are on the island for about an hour before we head back to the ship.

Back at the ship Mike and I pass the fuck out, in our bathing suits again to build up that stinky armpit smell. We wake up a few hour later to get ready to go to dinner. I think this time Tara and Leslie actually go to dinner with us. Since they haven't been to their own dinner yet and our table had two empty seats. We all had a few more drinks at dinner, which was a prelude to yet another drunk ass night. After dinner we met Jen and Hillary at the piano bar, which is I am not mistake the pianist was dressed up for Halloween as Elton John, but looks more like Kid Rock. We after a few more drinks there and yelling at the pianist to play our songs and only our songs dammit, we headed over to the Karaoke bar. There Jenn was the only person to sing a song and got yelled at by the karaoke coordinator for sticking her ass out at her. Her dress was pretty short to be honest, but I didn't see anything wrong with that. After the karaoke bar we, for some reason, went to White Lighting, to resident disco/dance club. After having yet a few more drinks Tara and Leslie both managed to talk me into dancing. Now I am not Mike or the Oshkosh boys, dancing is not my strong suit, or even any suit I have in my hand so I was trying my hardest not to look like a jackass, like Mike and the Oshkosh kids. I probably failed, but I at least had some fun, which I guess is what matters. After dancing at the Jungle club for a while we made our way to the back of the ship to the last bar that was open still, imagine that. We have a few more drinks and Jenn was the first to bail on us. About an hour after Jenn ditched us Tara and Leslie had some kind of sister to sister scuffle. Not a physical fight like Mike and I would get into but just words, like girls do. So after that, Leslie walks off and I didn't even know what the hell was going on at this point, I though she was going to take a piss or something and got lost, but then I see Tara is kind of upset. So I talk to her for a while and go back to the bar for more drinks. After getting back to the bar, since I didn't know why Leslie left all of a sudden I tell Tara I am going to check on he to make sure she isn't passed out on the side of the boat somewhere. But now this is what really gets me. I know Tara was drunk but after I tell her I am going to check on her sister she offers he sign and sale care to a guy she just met a few days ago, me. This still kind of bugs me, because really, who the hell am I. In fact two days ago we were telling her we were going to take them both out in the jungle and well, leave them there. Now she is offering her card to me, which of course I tell he she should probably keep it and I will just knock on the door. I get to the room and I knock but there is no answer. It turns out after getting Tara to open the door, the door was dead bolted so we had to get security to unlock it only to find Leslie inside passed out and snoring, loudly.

We then go back to the bar, where Tara can barely walk. She says because of the moving of the boat, but it didn't seem to be a problem for her when we wasn't loaded. In fact I am pretty sure she fell on her ass that night at least once. So anyway, I am trying to make sure she makes it bat to the bar, but now it is closed and I think Mike and Hillary are waiting for us to go to the front of the boat, to that bar, while he gets some of the beer in our room. At the front of the bar we meet some portuguese old man, who just might be the dirtiest old man I have ever met. He talks to us for a while, tells us a few of his dirty jokes and we all start to leave. I walk Tara back to her room and go back to my room, but on the way I see the old man again and start talking to him for some reason. Well I talk to him for about 30 more minutes before I head back to my room to close out another night on the ship.

Oh to look at a demo of our dive go to this link www.lonewrasse.com. We went diving on the 8/23.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home