Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bahama Trip, Day 1

My cousin started driving down towards Virginia Friday afternoon. He arrived here about Midnight and a few minutes after he arrived, he, my brother and myself decided to play beer pong to get drunk. Since there was just three of us, we played 1 vs 1 beer pong. After about an hour or two we went through a case of budwiesers, then we played with a darker beer for a few rounds, but playing beer pong with a dark beer is gross so we decided to quit and go to bed.

The next day we started the 12 hour drive down to Cape Canavaral where our ship was going out of. We split the driving down to half the tank. So my cousin got the first half and I got the last half. The ride was, as expected, boring as hell. We left Virginia Beach around 6:30 and stopped in North Carolina for some food. We stopped at a Wendy's at about 11 or 11:30 at night. To my surprise the fast food place was packed. That wasn't the surprising part though, the place was packed with people wearing suits and dresses. Like some kind of late night church just let out and the congragation had some lat night munchies for fast food. I wasn't sure why these people were here but it was freaking us out, so we got out of that place as soon as possible. We continued our drive down to florida with only one gas fill-up, which was nice. The problem was, since we left at 6:30 from Virginia that we made it to Florida at 6 in the morning and our ship didn't leave port until 4 in the afternoon. But I guess that is a story for day two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home